Monday, July 23, 2012

Bumble & Bumble Challenge: School Assignment

Last Tuesday was our final presentation for our Bumble and Bumble Challenge. We had to choose a model and create three separate looks. My partner, Mindy, and I agreed to do an "Alice in Wonderland" theme. The idea was to build upon each look. We couldn't wash the model's face or hair in between each shot. Products used were solely Bumble and Bumble. Mindy prepped with Brilliantine and Styling Cream. The rest was developed with B&B Classic Hairspray. We both like Tim Burton movies and how he captures the beauty in strange and unique characters. So we began with Alice, sweet inquisitive Alice.

Alice's look was created using natural looking foundation, large pink "doll-like" cheeks and big fake lashes. We smoothed the hair and secured it with a classic bow.
The Queen of Hearts was created by applying water based clown white base to the entire face. Red eye shadow was applied to the entire eyelid and she had a perfect Cupid's bow red lip. I crimped her hair and secured it into two large rolls on each side of her head.





My favorite character to create was the Cheshire Cat. I got to touch base with my theatre roots and truly create. The Cheshire Cat is a mischievous animal and I wanted to create a character that was intriguing and frightening. I loved this project and using my creativity. All in all, this project was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment